Book of the Month: Love Does

I'm making one of my goals for this year to read one book a month. So far I've read two, and added about five to the list. I loved the book I just finished so much; I could not recommend it more. If you are looking for a book to encourage and inspire you, Love Does is the book for you. 


Bob Goff writes about a lifetime of crazy adventures, chances taken, and lessons learned. I don't know how you can be so humble and so awesome at the same time, but apparently Bob knows a lot of people just like him. The book is full of stories about everything. He writes about his friend who invented the frappuccino (true story), about hitch-hiking with Satan, scaling mountains in a snowstorm with his son, and freeing kids held in prison without trial in Uganda. I told you, everything. It reads like you're having coffee with Bob and he's just telling you about this one time... except at the end, he sums up what he learned from it, and how he sees life differently because of it.

Here's a couple of my favorite quotes from the book -

I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at things that don't matter.
---
Faith isn't an equation or formula or business deal that gets you what you want. In short there's nothing on the other side of the equals sign, just Jesus. 

I hope you like Love Does as much as I did! I'm so glad I read it. What are you reading? Anything I should add to the growing list?

Have a good weekend, friends! It's cold and snowy here, perfect reading weather. : )

-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts