Chocolate Coconut Dip

I promised the other day to share this recipe for vegan chocolate coconut dip. I found the recipe here at Chocolate Covered Katie, which is a healthy dessert blog. She has a lot of yummy looking ideas! I have to admit that hers looks even better. I have yet to get it to turn out that thick and fluffy looking, but it still tastes amazing! Since there's minimal sugar and supposedly coconut milk is the cure for everything, this is my new go-to healthy dessert. 



I've made this about six times now and while it does get thicker the longer you leave it in the fridge, I still usually end up with more of a thick dip consistency. Think summer fondue! I'm loving it over a bowl of fresh berries. I also tried stirring it into my coffee. It was good. : )

All right already here's the recipe, as I have been making it. See the link above for Kaite's version, I did make it that way a couple of times, I just also forgot a bunch of times to add the vanilla, and it was still good so you can leave it out if you want, or use alternate sweeteners as she suggests.


Chocolate Coconut Dip

1 can coconut milk (not fat free)
2 tbls. sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Pour the coconut milk into a bowl and leave uncovered in the fridge overnight (don't shake the can first). After milk has thickened (you can even strain some of the juice off to make it thicker), add cocoa powder and sugar and whisk until smooth. Return to the fridge until ready to use. Dip will continue to get a little thicker. Serve with fresh fruit, angel food cake, graham cracker sticks or anything you want to cover with this goodness. 


Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Thanks for reading.
-Haley 

Comments

Popular Posts